Thursday 18 August 2011

Muso Club 2




Faustiandan’s choice:

I have opted for a little gem I read about in my trawl through the best of 2010, Umberto’s ‘Prophecy of the Black Widow’. This is synth driven music reminiscent of horror soundtracks from the 70s and 80s; i.e. Goblin and John Carpenter. What raises it above the bar of other retro sounding bands plying a similar trade (e.g. Zombi) is it’s compositional quality and abundance of ideas. Also, for a pretty experimental record it is very engaging whilst still reaping the rewards of continuous listens.

Mega Matt Mega Matt Mega Mega Matt Matt’s choice:

Now I have already shared this with Dan when he came down but the intense first track with the balance of the 2 vocals just blew me away.

Tim Sim’s Choice:

My suggestion is a little blues number by John Fahey. Check out 'Legend of Blind Blind Joe Death'. On reflection I suppose it may prove a little blues niche and perhaps not for general consumption. I love it though, it's got the structure of classic delta blues, but a refined, layed back approach. It's peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment