Monday 9 March 2009

Is the vengeance trilogy really any good?


A good question raised. Critically the three films were all very well received and were all successful. This led me to sumarise the director, without discussion, having triumphed. This was a little rash of me but seemed appropriate when writing about I'm a Cyborg.

I think I should retract my previous comment and instead only describe Old Boy as a triumph. It is an amazing film and perhaps the best example of Asian cinema I have seen. It would be fair to say that Sympathy for Mr Vengeance was a very good film, but no where near as rewarding as Old Boy. The last of the three films, Lady Vengeance, unfortunately was quite forgettable. Perhaps I should watch it again, but for now, my opinion is it's not so good.

Sorry to miss lead you all there. Old Boy and I'm a Cyborg however are both outstanding films. Watch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment