Friday 10 April 2009

Album of the 00’s

May I remind you that January will herald a new decade which, amongst other things, signals a journalistic squabble to identify the album of the decade. Being a consummate planner, I am going to begin short listing asap in the hope of bringing you, my esteemed readers, the Faustian top 20 of the 00’s without any delays or influence from other lists doing the rounds in the new year. I hope very much that the pair of you will undertake a similar project.

I will not give away much over the next 9 months except for this: are we not all already destined to crown 2008’s masterful release from the Fleet Foxes as supreme ruler of the decade?

1 comment:

  1. I brim over with excitement with the mere thought of fleet foxes, but are they as innovative as Cold Play or the mighty, very exciting, hugely experimental Travis?

    'So sing, sing, sing sing, for the love you bring, won't you sing, sing, sing'. Genius.

    ReplyDelete